Another named storm with winds forecast to start at F5 - F7 building to F7 - F10 while we would be on the water.
I will spend some of my storm bound time looking for another suitable tide with the hope of putting this trip back on in the future.
A paddle with the tide from Ulverston Up the Leven Estuary and lower reaches of the River Leven. A stop for a brew and bite to eat while we wait for the tide to turn then we will return to the start on the ebb.
8. Meet to arrange shuttle: No shuttle required meet at 09:20 with the aim of being on the water by 09:40
9. Anything else:
How far we travel will be dependant on the conditions on the day but I expect the total distance to be between 20km and 25km all with tidal assistance. The water will be moving all the way and there will be a fairly significant tidal race passing through the railway viaduct.
This trip is weather dependant so if the forecast is unfavourable the extent of the trip or the venue may change possibly to a lake or the trip may be cancelled. I will post the decision on here on Tuesday 15th around 18:00.
Tide height is 8.73m.
HW Barrow is at 11:29 so aim to be on the water by 09:40