WWSR – Boat to Swimmer Rescues + Recovering Pinned Equipment
1. Level of ability: All welcome
2. Venue: Devil's Bridge Kirkby Lonsdale
3. Time: meet at 09:30. Session 10:00-14:00.
4. Lift share: No lift share - static venue.
5. Please wear adequate clothing and dry suits or dry separates.
6. Please wear appropriate footwear – in addition to boats we will be working along the banks - Helmets and BAs must be worn at all times.
7. Please bring appropriate food and warm drinks.
8. There will be a theory session - you might want to consider an extra waterproof to trap heat.
Skills to include (in brief):
Safe Recovery of Swimmer..
Approaching a Swimmer.
Where they should hold the boat.
Where to take them.
Recovering Boats from Entrapment
Although these days are, I hope, very useful and the exchange of ideas very productive they are no substitute for attending a course provided by a qualified Coach who has years of experience in providing safety courses and through their position is constantly kept up to to date with current best practice.
I am hoping that days like these will encourage people to engage with further education from professional Coaches. The breadth of experience and expertise demonstrated by participants who have attended previous courses should very easily convert to British Canoeing approved qualifications.