Forgot your password?
21 November 2021, 12:00 PM
Event created by
Apologies for short notice but I want to get these sessions started
Don't worry if you can't make it - I am sure there will repeats of this session and more to come on other related topics
WWSR - Swimming, throwlines and reaching rescues.
1. Level of ability: All welcome
2. Venue: Devil’s Bridge, Kirkby Lonsdale.
3. Time: meet at 0930. Session 1000-1400.
4. Lift share: No lift share - static venue.
5. Participants will be swimming. Please wear adequate clothing and dry suits or dry separates. Spray decks not required.
6. Please wear appropriate footwear - we will be working along the banks - Helmets and BAs must be worn at all times.
7. Please bring appropriate food and warm drinks.
8. There will be a theory session - you might want to consider an extra waterproof to trap heat.
Skills to include (in brief):
Swimming: hydrology, self rescue, clean kit, defensive and offensive swimming, eddy roll, fending off, catching lines.
Throwlines: clean line principle, bag analysis, packing and stowing, rinsing, drying and UV, throwing styles, bracing and belaying, belay buddies, position of maximum usefulness.
Reaching rescues: paddles, tapes, hand lines.
Please bring your own paddles, throwlines and tapes/slings.
There are no reviews to display.