Jump to content
LCC AGM DEC 6TH ×
Lakeland Canoe Club

Cancelled - Sea kayak trip

LCC Sea Kayak Trips
EricD

Event details

 Share

CANCELLED

"It looks like the weather may be improving slightly, but the forecast is changing by the hour!"

The above was totally wrong - please see George's post of the latest forecast. Whichever you look at, it's not good

"If things change for the worse plan B would be Windermere with a coffee stop at the Boat Museum!" - Even that is showing a northerly 4 and rain, so no fun there either>

Club Lead  trip

1. Event co-ordinator Eric Dewhurst

2. Trip Leader leader Mike Sunderland

3. Trip type: Sea kayak

4. Level of ability :  Improver or better  

5. Date: Tuesday 5th October.

6. Venue : Car park at the end of the south bank of the river mouth in Workington. GR983296 (Car Park Workington on Google Maps)

7. Meet location / time : Aim to be ready by 0900

8. Meet to share lifts at: TBA

9. Anything else: 

Further details to follow

Please read notes re trips here:

https://lakelandcanoeclub.wordpress.com/trips/

I am happy to co-ordinate the trip. Mike Sunderland will be the leader, however, as we will be a team, we are jointly responsible for each other’s safety on the water.

Please ensure you carry the correct kit for the trip you are attending.

 

 

Edited by EricD
Trip cancelled due to bad weather

 Share


Recommended Comments

In shore forcast Issued at: 06:00 (UTC) on Mon 4 Oct 2021

Great Orme Head to the Mull of Galloway (11)

Strong winds are forecast

24 hour forecast:

Wind
Southwest 4 to 6, backing south 3 or 4, then backing northeast 5 or 6 later.
Sea state
Slight or moderate.
Weather
Thundery showers, rain later.
Visibility
Good, occasionally moderate, becoming moderate or poor later.

Outlook for the following 24 hours:

Wind
Northeasterly backing northwesterly 5 to 7, increasing gale 8 for a time in south.
Sea state
Slight or moderate in north, moderate or rough in south.
Weather
Rain at first, then showers, fair later.
Visibility
Moderate or poor, becoming good.
Link to comment

Thanks George,

Not looking too good at all at the moment (Monday 1000)

Plan B was Duddon Estuary but that's looking as bad.

Plan C would be Windermere - but that has a northerly 4 and rain - so as we are doing this for pleasure I think it is time to call things off for another day.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...