LCC AGM Monday 11th December
Events happening today
27 November 2023 01 December 2023Arran again! Day paddles about 15km, which can be lengthened or shortened. Suitable for Improvers and above.
Smugglers Den near Corrie, will be our base for a few days. Weather will be variable, so be prepared for some walking in between paddles.
The aim is to have safe paddles in beautiful scenery and observe the amazing nature Arran has to offer. Arran's wild life is wonderful - porpoises, dolphins, eagles, otters gannets, basking sharks, red deer, gannets, etc.. Can't promise seeing all of the above, but we will see lots of geology.
Possible paddles include:
· 1km crossing to Holy Isle to see Buddhist retreat, soay sheep, eriskay ponies, etc,
· from Brodick to Fallen Rocks, returning to finish at Smugglers Den
. tour of Brodick Bay, including paddle up the river and visit to Brodick Castle Harbour
· Lochranza to Sannox alongside varied geological features
· Brodick to Clauchlands point and beyond
We have 8 individual beds, 3 bathrooms, large kitchen, etc, for our comfort. Please be prepared to share a twin room or sleep on a bed settee. Please bring sleeping bag and pillow case.
Come for all or part of trip. Non-paddling partners welcome.
Cost is £60 each to cover the house-keeping expenses, and in addition we share cooking costs and duties (Co-op is only 4 miles away - so easy). And there is a chip shop and pub nearby!
1. Event co-ordinator Annette Morris
2. Trip Leaders: Annette Morris and Pete Riley
3. Trip type: Coastal sea kayaking with short crossing to Holy Isle
4. Level of ability: Improver or better
5. Date: 27th Nov to 1st Dec 2023
6. Venue: Isle of Arran, Smuggler's Den | Smuggler's Den in Corrie (cottages-and-castles.co.uk)
7. Meet location/time:
Sunday 26th evening or Monday lunchtime
8. Travel: 2.5 hours from Carlisle to Ardrossan ferry. Return late Friday or Saturday 2nd. Ferries can be unreliable so be prepared to travel plus or minus a day.
Return fare about £33 for a car and £8 per person. Or wheel your kayak on to ferry.
9. Sea kayaks only.
Any questions 07740 740516
Please read notes re trips here:
I am happy to co-ordinate and lead the trip. However, as we will be a team, we are jointly responsible for each other’s safety on the water.
Please ensure you carry the correct kit for the trip you are attending
LCC Intermediate Sea Trips 5 Comments
7 users have RSVPed, including
27 November 2023 08:15 PM 09:30 PMThis Pool session is for developing skills for, and playing the exciting game of Canoe Polo.
A great way to improve paddling skills in a social and encouraging environment. Beginners and refreshers welcome!
The plan is as follows:
Use club polo boats or bring your own, with padded ends. Bring your own equipment or use club's Up to 15 paddlers on water Arrive by 8:15pm to get kitted up ready to be on water soon after triathletes leave pool at 8:30pm £9 each, to cover pool costs (£2 more for non-members) Special Offer: 2 free sessions for Student Members! Please reserve your spot via our Calendar and pay in advance via BACS to Lakeland Canoe Club, Sort Code 20 45 28, Account 80558613, ref P27Nov23 Please pay when you reserve; we want to avoid money exchange on the night
LCC Pool Polo Sessions 0 Comments
10 users have RSVPed, including