LCC AGM Monday 11th December
Events happening today
21 November 2023 09:30 AM 04:00 PM1. Event co-ordinator: Sten Sture
2. Trip Leader leaders: Rachel Powell and Sten Sture
3. Trip type: white water river for kayaks: which one will be decided on the day after assessing the rainfall. Likely rivers are: Lune: Low Gill to Killington Bridge, or Killington Bridge to Rawthey confluence, Lower Rawthey: Sedbergh down, top half of Leven: getting out well before Backbarrow or similar grade rivers.
4. Level of ability: confident improver or intermediate not yet able to lead: competent at grade 2, aiming for grade 3. Independent intermediate paddlers: please leave spaces for others.
5. Date: Tuesday 21/11/2023
6. Venue :TBC
7. Meet location / time : TBC
8. Meet to share lifts at: Arrange on the morning
9. Anything else: open to suggestions and may cancel depending on rainfall
Please read notes re trips here:
https://lakelandcanoeclub.wordpress.com/river-trips/ and also think carefully about your clothing and equipment: suitable helmet (see website) is mandatory and a drysuit is recommended for cold conditions.
I am happy to co-ordinate and lead the trip. However, as we will be a team, we are jointly responsible for each other’s safety on the water. I am not a coach, this is about enjoying a river trip.
Please ensure you carry the correct kit for the trip.
WhatsApp group will be set up before hand, please check around 8am on Monday morning for river decision.
RSVP at least 1 day before the event
If I haven't paddled with you before or you’re not sure this trip is for you then please contact me to discuss (via WhatsApp: I'm in LCC River Kayaking number ending 621).
Guests by arrangement with organiser, prior to trip only
LCC Improvers River Trips 1 Comment
6 users have RSVPed, including