LCC AGM Monday 11th December
Events happening today
10 November 2023Event details
1. Event co-ordinator: Rob Hitchmough
2. Trip Leader leader: Rob Hitchmough
3. Trip type: white water river for kayaks: which one will be decided on the day after assessing the rainfall. But would be looking at doing the Mint, Crake or Esk or something similar
4. Level of ability : intermediate: competent at grade 3
5. Date: Friday 10/11/2023
6. Venue :TBC
7. Meet location / time : TBC
8. Meet to share lifts at: Arrange on the morning
9. Anything else: open to suggestions and may cancel depending on rainfall
Please read notes here:
I am happy to co-ordinate and lead the trip. However, as we will be a team, we are jointly responsible for each other’s safety on the water.
Please ensure you carry the correct kit for the trip you are attending.
Whatsapp group will be set up before hand, please check around 8am on Tuesday morning for river decision.
RSVP at least 1 day before the event
If I haven't paddled with you before please contact me to discuss (via WhatsApp: I'm in LCC River Kayaking number ending 613)
Guests by arrangement with organiser, prior to trip only
LCC Intermediate River Trips 0 Comments
3 users have RSVPed, including
10 November 2023 12 November 2023This event has been cancelled due to injury. I'll reschedule once I've recovered sufficiently!
Sea kayak day trips around North Wales / Anglesey. The type of trips will be tailored to the preferences of those attending where possible, however attendees should have a skillset matching Lakeland Canoe Club's definition below.
Please feel free to have a chat with one of the trip leaders if you want to discuss before signing up.
We will base ourselves at Anglesey Outdoors which will allow us indoor space for trip planning in the evenings. This will allow us to plan trips to suit the team's ideas of what constitutes an enjoyable day on the water, which we acknowledge is different for everybody. A final decision will be made each morning in response to the weather conditions.
Schedule: Arrive Anglesey Outdoors Friday morning 10th November. Trip planning chat in the bar & then off to chosen location
Paddle Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Drive home Sunday afternoon / evening
1. Event coordinator Duncan Goulder
2. Trip Leader. Duncan Goulder / Simon Lerpiniere
3. Day Leader Duncan Goulder / Simon Lerpiniere
4. Trip Type. Sea Kayak day trips
5. Level of ability. Intermediate
LCC definition of an "Intermediate" skillset: "You have a good understanding of paddling on the sea. You should be confident planning and undertaking safely journeys on the sea in winds up to and including force 4 and/or tides up to 2 Knots, in a sea kayak or in tidal or non-tidal environments. Your confidence should be based upon both proficiency in skills and a broad appreciation of surroundings and potential risks. Your roll is mostly successful. You can help rescue others." [https://lakelandcanoeclub.wordpress.com/levels-of-experience-sea-trips/]
6. Venue. Anglesey / North Wales
7. Meet and Lifts to be arranged.
8. Details will be discussed & finalised via Whatsapp group of RSVP'd members nearer the time
Please check out all LCC guidelines
I am happy to coordinate and lead / co-lead this trip. However, as we will be a team we are jointly responsible for each other’s safety on the water.
Please ensure you carry the correct kit for the trip. https://lakelandcanoeclub.wordpress.com/trips/sea-kayak-safety-kit/
LCC Intermediate Sea Trips 0 Comments
5 users have RSVPed, including