1. Event co-ordinator: Dean Copley
2. Trip Leader leaders: Dean Copley, Mike Sunderland, Tom Peacock
3. Trip type: Estuary
4. Level of ability : improver or better
5. Date: Tuesday 17 May
6. Venue : Askam Pier
OS Grid Ref SD 2044 7752
7. Meet location / timings: meet at the gated end of Askam Pier at 10am with a view to being on the water by 10.45. The original intention had been to meet at the Duddon Road car park but after doing the trip as a recce last week, the channel currently runs right next to the south side of the pier, so there seems to be little point in long carries over the sand from Duddon Road if at all avoidable. A trolley is still a good idea because parking is limited at the head of the pier and we will need to park on the nearby estate roads (no parking restrictions but please park considerately!) and trolley the boats to the water.
8. Meet to share lifts at: none needed
9. Anything else:
Tide height is 9.6m with HW Barrow at 1300. The trip is 20km out and back, so with a stop for lunch (please bring your own!) we should be back in Askam by 1500
I am happy to co-ordinate and lead the trip together with Mike and Tom. However, as we will be a team, we are jointly responsible for one another’s safety on the water.
Please ensure you carry the correct kit for the trip.
RSVP at least 2 days before the event. No guests.