Wind forecast , ? We only want light winds
Arnside Borewave: A great surfing/environment experience. It was a particularly good one some weeks ago, so hoping for a repeat.
1. Event co-ordinator Chris Dale
2. Trip Leader leader Chris Dale
3. Trip type: Estuary
4. Level of ability : Improver or better
5. Date: Monday 18th April
6. Venue : Arnside
7. Meet location / time : at Arnside promenade at 09.30
8. Meet to share lifts at: none needed
9. Anything else: It is tricky for first timers as a very powerful wave over shallow water, therefore it’s easy to get tripped up
Tide height is 9.55 ( Ramsden Dock )so there might be a good bore wave.
HW is at 13.16 so aim to be on the water at 09.45
Should be back in Arnside by 12.00.
River or sea kayaks.
If intending to ride borewave must have a solid first time roll.
You can join us and just follow the bore wave if you don't wish to surf on it
Not suitable for novices.
Please read notes re river trips here:
I am happy to co-ordinate and lead the trip. However, as we will be a team, we are jointly responsible for each other’s safety on the water.
Please ensure you carry the correct kit for the trip you are attending.