This event will be confirmed subject the Covid restrictions being relaxed. From the 29th March it is assume The rule of 6 will once again apply to meeting outdoors - for recreational paddling with friends and family, and for groups of coaching and leader ratios of 1:5.
Open to all improver & intermediate paddlers. These trips are not a series, you don't need to have attended the past one. If you have not paddled on one of my trips before, I'll drop you a line for a chat before the date.
This will be a simple river trip, on a relatively easy river to get us back into the swing of paddling post-lockdown.
Trip Leader: Simon Lerpiniere / 07811144461
1. Trip type : Club Lead
2. Level of ability : Improver (please leave spaces for improvers). One space reserved for an assistant river leader. Please contact me if interested.
3. Date : 03/04/2021
4. Venue : TBC, by Saturday morning 8am. Will be grade 2/3.
5. Meet location / time : 10.00am
6. Meet to share lifts at : No lift share due to Covid-19.
7. Weather : Low water and high water options available. Hopefully some rain leading up to the day but not a deluge. Weather should be warming up by April, but please bring warm clothing in case there is some waiting around.
8. Anything else : Running shuttles with mitigation, so please bring your own face covering or organise your own shuttle.
Please make sure you've read the club's (and British Canoeing) guidance regarding kayaking and Covid-19. Please read notes re river trips here: https://lakelandcanoeclub.wordpress.com/trips/
Please RSVP on the calendar by Friday [early] evening. Check on WhatsApp Saturday morning first thing to ensure suitable river levels and the trip is running.