‘This event will be confirmed, subject the Covid restrictions being relaxed’.
I’m confirming this trip is going ahead: see you all at 9.15
Forecast isn’t ideal as a 17mph NE wind is due, but this should blow us out, will probably mean we get wet faces on the way back
😀The Borewave was very good today
BE COVID AWARE
Surfing the Borewave hopefully, it was vg on the 2nd March! But it is fickle
Social paddle into Morecambe Bay, meet the incoming tide and back maybe on the Bore Wave. Start and finish from Arnside promenade
2. Wednesday 28th April
3. Starting --- High Water is 13.00 (Barrow!) so aim to be on the water and paddle from Arnside promenade at 9.30
4. Meet at Arnside promenade at 9.15am
5. Trip leader: Chris Dale
6. Any special notes: Weather dependent, wind and rain are a no no I might bring trip forward or backward a day depending on the forecast
river or sea kayaks.
If intending to ride bore wave must have a solid first time roll.
You can join us and just follow the bore wave if you don't wish to surf on it
Not suitable for novices.