A trip for Improvers in sea kayaks. The plan is to circumnavigate the norther half of Windermere, between Ambleside and Bowness on Windermere.
The first of four events coordinated by Rob Wilson. The Rule of 6 and social distancing under the COVID regulations will apply. Thus numbers will be limited to six, including a space for a paddle leader. We will meet at the slipway opposite Lakeside Carpark (owned by the Lake District National Park), Waterhead. If required, arrangements will be made on arrival to shuttle to alternative parking in Ambleside.
1. Trip type : Lake paddle - circumnavigating the northern half of Windermere in sea kayaks
2. Level of ability : Improver and above
3. Date : Tuesday 20 April 2021
4. Venue: Slipway, opposite Lakeside Carpark (Lake District National Park Carpark), Waterhead, Ambleside LA22 0ES (Grid Reference 377033)
5. Meet location / time : 9.30am and changed and ready to paddle for 10.00am
6. Meet to share lifts at : lift share only if car park is full and an alternative is required. COVID rules on social distancing will apply.
7. Weather : Dependent on wind below 10-12 miles/hour.
8. Anything else : None
Please make sure you've read the club's (and British Canoeing) guidance regarding kayaking and Covid-19. Please read notes re river trips here: https://lakelandcanoeclub.wordpress.com/trips/
Check on the LCC mid-wk sea kaya WhatsApp confirming or cancelling the trip