The wind forecast is for force 4 gusting 6 from the west maybe deceasing slightly later. Wave height 0.7m from west.
Since the trip involves exposed water and paddling S, SW then W it will be a less enjoyable experience, than with less wind.
I will reorganise for a spring tide in September.
Sunday 16th. Current wind forecast will cause this trip to be postponed. Trip will be confirmed on Thursday evening 21st August.
co-oridnator - Mike Hayward
1. Trip type: Sea - Estuary to open sea.
4-5 hour paddle arriving well before low water at ROA Island, around 19.00.
last few km may be against outgoing tide.
2. Level of ability : intermediate or advanced
3. Date: Sunday 23rd August
4. Venue : a one way trip from Greenodd to Roa Island
5. Meet location / time :
Meet Roa island at 13.15 and shuttle kayaks and people back to Greenodd.
then 14.00 at car park by A 590 Nr Greenodd.- (see notes below)
6. Meet to share lifts at: no lift share due to Covid.
7. Anything else:
HW about 15.07 so aim to set off paddling form Greenodd at 14.45.
Shuttle is 30 minutes each way.
All weather dependent etc. see wind and waves forecast here:
Please read notes re trips here:
RSVP at least 2 days before the event
Guests by arrangement with organiser, prior to trip only.