BE COVID AWARE
The trip is still planned to go ahead tommorow but expect it to be lumpy on the outside of walney
Rob 1900 1/8/20
Organiser : Rob Hitchmough / 07729 809613
1. Trip type: Sea
2. Level of ability : Intermediate
3. Date: Sunday 02/08/2020
4. Venue : Around Walney Island
5. Meet location / time : 10am (to be on the water 10.30am), Roa Island There is on the street parking on Piel Street or park in the free public car as you enter Roa Island (https://goo.gl/maps/Sh9WWkYGwhvS2Y5P9).
The plan is to set off from the beach adjacent to the ferry jetty and paddle anticlockwise around the island 33km
6. Meet to share lifts at: No lift share due to Covid-19.
7. Weather : We ideally need calm conditions. Plan B would be to the north end of Walney and Back
The forecast so far is sunny intervals with a moderate breeze
8. Anything else : Please bring warm kit. there will be plenty of stops so bring food and a drink.
Make sure you've read the club's (and British Canoeing) guidance regarding kayaking during lockdown.
Note: this is a peer trip. I'm happy to arrange and co-ordinate, but I will most likely not be the most experienced kayaker on the water. Make sure you are fully self sufficient.
Please RSVP on the calendar by 6pm Sat evening. Check on Sunday morning first thing to ensure it's still running before travelling.