Be covid aware
Plans to be discussed with all group members and then confirmed.
Thurs 13th @ 1055 : all good for tomorrow. Meet Roa Island 0900 Friday 14th and on the water for 1030.
Will update this evening.
Trip to be confirmed/updated on Thursday evening 13th August.
Co-ordinators Andy Murphy and Rob Hitchmough
1. Trip type: Sea: Friday 14th Aug crossing Morecambe Bay from Roa Island to Knott End / Fleetwood and Sat 15th Aug return. Overnight bivi site to be agreed.
5/6 hour paddle using middle hours of ebb and first of new flood into Knott End (River Wyre). HW Barrow Friday 14th: 0808 and LW: 14.27. Return Saturday.
2. Level of ability: Advanced - max 6. All equipment to be self-contained.
3. Date: Friday 14th August / bivi / return on Saturday 15th August (at tide time to be agreed).
4. Venue : Return trip Roa Island to Knott End / Fleetwood.
5. Meet location / time : Roa Island Friday 14th August at 0800 to pack gear and finalise plan.
6. Meet to share lifts at?: No lift shares due to Covid. All paddling, camping, cooking and bivis must follow Covid guidelines: self-reliant and self-sufficient.
7. Anything else:
(The bivi experience could be... 'urban'.) Neap tides. All weather dependent.
Please read notes regarding trip protocols and definitions here:
RSVP on calendar.