BE COVID AWARE
Organiser : Simon Lerpiniere / 07811144461
Open to all improver & intermediate paddlers. These trips are not a series, you don't need to have attended the past one.
Background: I'm working towards my white water kayak leader assessment having completed my training last year. Encouraging members of the group make decisions on the water is a key part to the award.
The aim of this session is just working our way down the river. You will be deciding where we stop, whether we should inspect, which channel we should take. It's all part of naturally being part of a functioning peer group on the water.
1. Trip type : River
2. Level of ability : Improver (please leave spaces for improvers).
3. Date : 17/10/2020
4. Venue : TBC, by Saturday morning 8am. Will be a longer section of water to enable a full river trip. Bring sandwiches!
5. Meet location / time : 10.00am
6. Meet to share lifts at : No lift share due to Covid-19.
7. Weather : We'll ideally have a bit of water for this to give us a different river option.
8. Anything else : Running shuttles with mitigation, so please bring your own face covering or organise your own shuttle.
Please make sure you've read the club's (and British Canoeing) guidance regarding kayaking and Covid-19. Please read notes re river trips here: https://lakelandcanoeclub.wordpress.com/trips/
Note: this is a peer trip. I am happy to co-ordinate and organise the trip, but we are all responsible for each other on the water.
Please RSVP on the calendar by Friday evening. Check on WhatsApp Saturday morning first thing to ensure suitable river levels and the trip is running.