Jump to content

BrianC

Members
  • Content Count

    89
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BrianC

  1. Difficult call because there has been some rain - but probably not enough?? Things may change during the day - all depending on the rain I am going to cancel the trip but suggest people can contact each other via whats app if they want to paddle one of the 'always up' rivers or if more rain falls. BE COVID AWARE PEER trip 0. Event co-ordinator Brian Clough 1. Trip type: river 2. Level of ability : Intermediate/Advanced only 3. Date: Friday 9th October 4. Venue : tbc. 5. Meet location / time : 10.00 6. Check water levels on the morning.
  2. until

    Could I be down as second reserve please
  3. until

    That is fine Tom - no problem - it was touch and go as to whether I could leave work - perhaps it is better that I give it a miss
  4. until

    I put my name down not seeing the comment at the bottom - will forego the trip I understand I may be causing problems by exceeding the six number
  5. PEER Session I am keeping an eye on the weather today (Wednesday) the weather seems to have been delay a day and Sunday is looking better - watch this space Friday today and Sunday is looking far bigger than Saturday Martin and Rachel would prefer Saturday and I am happy to go both days - so I am going to put a trip on for each day Be Covid aware (I've not heard what Boris has said yet - so not sure about lift sharing) 1. Trip type: sea - surfing 2. Level of ability : Intermediate 3. Date: Saturday 27th June 4. Venue
  6. PEER Session I am keeping an eye on the weather today (Wednesday) the weather seems to have been delay a day and Sunday is looking better - watch this space Friday today and Sunday is looking far bigger than Saturday ----- I have adjusted the timings below to allow for the shift in tide times Martin and Rachel would prefer Saturday and I am happy to go both days - so I am going to put a trip each day on the calendar Friday update - Sunday now forecasting 10.5 feet - bit more than I can handle that's for sure - keep watching - maybe a river ?? Saturday Morning - I
  7. Sunday Morning 15th March Cowside Beck 09:00 at junction 36 - however if anyone is coming from the west we could make it later People from the East or South - I am guessing about an hour later (10:00) at the bottom of the river https://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=393011&y=471908&z=115&sv=393011,471908&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=828&ax=393011&ay=471908&lm=0
  8. Sunday Morning 15th March Cowside Beck 09:00 at junction 36 - however if anyone is coming from the west we could make it later People from the East or South - I am guessing about an hour later (10:00) at the bottom of the river https://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=393011&y=471908&z=115&sv=393011,471908&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=828&ax=393011&ay=471908&lm=0 Peer trip. 1. Advanced trip 2. Sunday 15th March 3. River in Pennines grade 3/4 4. TBC Sunday morning 8.00 a.m. 5. Meet nr
  9. Sunday 08/03/2020 River: Top of Wharfe Meet at J36 @09:00 https://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=353909&y=482581&z=120&sv=353909,482581&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=821&ax=353909&ay=482581&lm=0 or close to the put in @ about 10:15 (I am guessing) https://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=387614&y=480386&z=120&sv=387614,480386&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=821&ax=387614&ay=480386&lm=0 Could you confirm on What's App please Anybody else? Not O
  10. Sorry - once again I am going to have to cancel - the weather is too poor I am seemd to have hit on a way of sure fire way of ensuring good conditions for rivers - organise a sea trip !!!! Will organise a river trip on instead
  11. Could I put my name down as reserve please
  12. Sorry yes - Sunday 8th March Thanks Mike
  13. Friday Early Evening I am sorry to have to do this again but the weather just will not play ball Trip Cancelled
  14. Plus Natalie
  15. Hard to predict rainfall this weekend - I guess there will be some - but how much? Where? It could be Advanced or Intermediate. The greater the amount of rainfall the greater the likelihood of it being an Advanced Trip Happy to co-ordinate any activity or alternatively decide on a lack of activity BrianC
  16. BrianC

    Duddon Estuary

    Trip is intended to go ahead but under review due to Corona virus. Will advise as situation develops. Advise travel to put in individually to minimise contact. This was the First of the Four Estuaries and an Island Series Trip was Cancelled - waiting for a better day - lets hope we are lucky this time. Peer trip Duddon Estuary Saturday 11th April High tide of 9.7 at 14:20 in Liverpool We have 2 hours either side of high water, just time to paddle up the Duddon Estuary have a spot of lunch and paddle back before all the water goes out. Suggest meeti
  17. Thursday Night - Trip Cancelled - too Windy - Cancel now and we can all make alternative plans
  18. Thursday - forecast dropped to only Force 8 - trip looking increasingly unlikely - we may be better on a river
  19. Wednesday Afternoon - Force 9 predicted - we may have to think again - watch this space
  20. Sorry - once again I am going to have to cancel - the weather is too poor I am seemd to have hit on a way of sure fire way of ensuring good conditions for rivers - organise a sea trip !!!! Will organise a river trip on instead The Island Part of Four Estuaries and an Island Series. Walney Island Circumnavigation Sunday 8th March High tide of 9.0m at 10:03 in Liverpool Suggest meeting ready to paddle at 08:30 on Roa Island https://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=323288&y=464870&z=120&sv=323288,464870&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searc
  21. The Third of the Four Estuaries and an Island Series. Friday Early Evening I am sorry to have to do this again but the weather just will not play ball Trip Cancelled Kent Estuary (Not on the Bore) Saturday 23th February High tide of 9.1m at 11:13 in Liverpool We have 2 hours either side of high water, just time to paddle up the Kent Estuary have a spot of lunch and paddle back before all the water goes out. We also have an option of playing in moving water around the viaduct if we wish Suggest meeting ready to paddle at 08:45 by the Car Park near New Barns North o
  22. until
    Cancelled for now - accommodation postponed to probably some time in Sept Week long trip to the North of Scotland, staying in Lairg I've booked it with intermediate paddling and progression through the week in mind There are some top class rivers in the area that over the last few years we have got to know really well at diferent water levels Looking at accommodation the week is free from 22nd to 29th March. The letting runs from Sunday to Sunday and we usually go up via a river on Saturday, stay at a YHA/Bunk House and then on to Lairg via another river. We have a r
  23. until
    Not Official LCC Event River trip for Intermediate paddlers 1. Grade 3/4 river section - Lower Tees Meet Junction 38 at 09:30 2. Saturday 18th January. 3. Check water levels / sort out lifts the night before. 4. Trips may be cancelled or rearranged at short notice depending upon weather, and the preferences of those paddling. 5. To avoid a wasted journey, please ensure the trip co-ordinator knows you plan to attend, check the website the morning of the paddle. 6. Trip leader Brain Clough. Please read notes about advanced river trips here: h
  24. This is getting difficult to call - Windfinder is predicting Force 5 at noon dropping in the afternoon to Force 4 I am worried about the return journey with the wind against us and the wind on tide and the potential for heavy slow going. Time is critical because we could easily run out of water when the tide ebbs out of the estuary. Will decide through the day
  25. Looking at the weather it may be windy on Sunday - if so we will have to postpone - I don't want to leave it to the last minute to cancel and will keep an eye on th ewind
×
×
  • Create New...