Jump to content

Skipton Pete (Riley)

Members
  • Content Count

    24
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Skipton Pete (Riley)

  • Rank
    Advanced Member
  • Birthday June 24

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Skipton
  • Interests
    White water, sea kayaking, climbing, mountain biking, road cycling, skiing / ski touring...and other...eating and drinking ...of course!

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. John, if anyone drops out, I'd like to join please.... Ta Pete
  2. Mike, I've never been on the Weir before. Does it still run in low water? Currently showing 'Empty' - 0.43 at Sunday morning.
  3. Mike...the calendar time appears to conflict?? (2130). Could you confirm please? Thanks Pete
  4. Sue, not 100% sure who this is aimed at. I don't view myself as advanced....but if you do, I'm happy to withdraw to make space.
  5. event co-ordinator Pete Riley 1. Trip type: river 2. Level of ability : intermediate or better 3. Date: Thursday 20th August 4. Venue : TBC Thursday morning before 8.30 5. Meet location / time : TBC Thursday morning meet time will be 10.00 or 10.30 6. Meet to share lifts at: No lift share due to Covid 7. Anything else: May choose same venue as Mike Hayward but will operate seperately. Bring face mask etc to share shuttle or arrange your own shuttle. Rain forecast overnight Wed/ Thurs so hopefully some suitable water Please read not
  6. Ok Tom....I won't put our names to this trip just yet then. If you are sticking with this time and venue I'll post a 3rd trip!! 1000 from Pooley Bridge. This allows us to miss wave 1 and more critically means a civilised start for our 1 hr 45 drive up there. Hoping we can combine......and would be great if Robin was open to this too.
  7. Julian, Tom. In light of both your comments....Linda and I would still like to do the trip, but with a later start (It's quite a hike from Skipton). If We're guaranteed company, I propose, as above, meet at 1000 at Pooley Bridge. If that works, I'm happy to post yet another trip, although it would make sense just to change Tom's continuation trip?? Cheers Pete
  8. Hi Tom, I'm really sorry but Linda and I will likely pull out of the Ullswater Trip. I fully understand your rationale for changing the arrangements - and I have zero complaint. However, the new plans don't really work for us. I realise this leaves you high and dry - on your own - and I apologise again for that. I'll give it further thought this morning and let you know sooner rather than later today. Given that we won't be meeting up with the original 6 in any case - we may still paddle from Pooley Bridge but delayed by an hour to give us a friendlier start from our long Skipton drive.
  9. I've had to drop out.......unfortunately (but fortunately) I have to go to Cheshire to pick up a boat. As of tomorrow I won't be boatless!!! Woooohooooo.
  10. John...if it changes, I can't make Sunday ....I'll be in Poland!
  11. I too am interested......Ta Pete
  12. Mike looking at the gauge now it doesn't look good??? .... I've tried to call to seek confirmation that my long return trip will reap rewards!! Can't get hold of you.... On balance, sorry I'm pulling out very last minute. Hope you make a good day of it. Pete
  13. Mike. Just picked this last message up. Is this really a goer? The graph on Rainchasers is plummeting towards 'scrape'! (2200)
  14. Hi Andy. Sorry but I RSVPd yesterday to the free place. I hope I haven't breached a protocol if Nigel was 'giving' you his place???? If there's such a thing, I indicated my desire as a 'first reserve' on the 18th. Hoping I haven't stepped out of line here??
  15. Mike, I've put myself on the 'reserve' list for 30th. I'd like to be on this one too!
×
×
  • Create New...