Due to adverse weather forecast, I am cancelling the Kirkcudbright/Fleet Islands Trip - HEAVY rain all day and strong winds.
an alternative trip for beginners upwards will be on Tuesday 29 September - dryer day and low winds. Circumnavigation of THIRLMERE - details out shortly and priority to those booked for Kirkcudbright, if you are keen for a casual paddle.
0. event co-ordinator: Mike Sunderland
1. Trip type: sea kayak journey with x1 night wild camp
2. Level of ability : improver / intermediate / advanced - this trip is not a beginners trip, but targeted at improvers upwards.
3. Date: Wednesday 30 September to Thursday 1 October
4. Venue : Kirkcudbright harbour to Gatehouse of Fleet - Max 25K
5. Meet location / time : 10am Kirkcudbright harbour
6. Meet to share lifts at:
7. Anything else: A shuttle may be required if bus service back to Kirkcudbright is awkward. Face masks and hand sanitiser are ESSENTIAL for either bus ride or consented shuttle
High tide at Kirkcudbright harbour 11.45am Weds 30th - on the water for 12.00pm
Arrive at harbour for 10am
Boats loaded for a single night out - tent, sleeping bag/matt, stove, min 4 litres of water, lunch, eve meal, breakfast, lunch, spare clothes Participants must be totally self sufficient
As many of the coastal campsites (Brighouse Bay) are closed to tents we are likely to wild camp on the Fleet Isles Moss Yard if they agree?
if weather is wild we will cancel this trip - we are looking for some pleasant weather - mild, dry is hot and a quiet breeze behind us!
If I can recruit a further leader we will have a second group of x6 paddlers - but initially a single group of x4 participants and one leader.
Contact Mike Sunderland direct for any queries/questions