Not Official LCC Event
Social Paddle down the River Kent
We will stay flexible sensitive to the water levels and participants.
Staveley to Burneside - I thought it might be fun to continue the journey down the Kent from where we left off last time .
We have the option of running Cowan Bridge or the portage is very easy.
There are some weirs, usually most are OK but a couple are definite portages.
Event Details: River trip for Improver/Intermediates - suitable for all
As a m/inimum you must be a competent flat water paddler and be a happy swimmer in event of capsize.
Aimed at anyone who :
- can paddle rivers but wants to refresh / improve basic skills
- learn basic skills.
Must have your own kit including especially a River Buoyancy Aid and Helmet
E-mail me or leave a message if you are struggling for river kit - I have some spares - could even stretch to a boat and paddle.
1. Grade 2/3 (4) river section -
2. Saturday 10th February
3. Meet 10.00 a.m. A Car Park in Burneside adjacent to the river, by some garages and behind the Spar .
4. Other notes - under 18 welcome but by prior arrangement - please email trip leader
5. Check water levels / sort out lifts the night before
6. Trip leader Brain Clough