1. Trip type: Two day river trip with wild camp suitable for open canoes and kayaks (gear carrying option in the open boats)
2. Level of ability : Improver
3. Date: Wed/Thurs 25th and 26th Sept
4. Venue : River Annan
5. Meet location / time : Johnstone Bridge car park just off junction 16 of the A74 M at 0930
6. Meet to share lifts at: not possible due to carrying open boats
7. Anything else: see description below
The Annan is a beautiful river in Southern Scotland that is usually classed as grade I – II paddling. This trip is to cover roughly 28 miles of the river over two days in order to allow for travel time there and back for Cumbrian paddlers.
Suitable for improvers (see club definition at https://lakelandcanoeclub.wordpress.com/trips/). Suitable for solo and tandem open canoes. If you don’t have one come along and tandem in someone else’s boat! Alternatively come in your kayak and put your gear in someone else's open canoe (like mine!!)
We will be carrying all our camping kit with us. The plan is to camp at a forested riverside site which is fine for tents but is also perfect for tarps and hammocks etc. if you want to try something different. It is also discreet enough for a camp fire.
This is an ideal trip to try out or refresh your canoe camping (and packing!) skills prior to undertaking a longer trip such as the River Spey in November.
Please make your own arrangements if you want to car share.
Post questions below and Andrew will get back to you.
RSVP at least 2 days before the event
Guests by arrangement with organiser, prior to trip only.