BE COVID AWARE
Organiser : Simon Lerpiniere / 07811144461
Background: A great way to learn and improve skills is via focused and structured practice. I'm working towards my white water kayak leader assessment having completed my training last year. Including structured and fun sessions on the water is part of the award, but also great for your and my skills too.
The aim of this session will be picking, and hitting lines. We will be assessing each rapid from the bank, talking about it, choosing a line, trying to hit it, then getting out and trying again. We'll pick a short-ish section of river with easy options for retries on the various rapids. You might be aiming for the easiest possible line, or the hardest possible line. We may even pick out some challenges if it's too easy!
1. Trip type : River
2. Level of ability : Improver (please leave spaces for improvers)
3. Date : 05/09/2020
4. Venue : River Kent down to above force falls.
5. Meet location / time : 10.0am at get-out
6. Meet to share lifts at : No lift share due to Covid-19.
7. Weather : We want low-ish water for this. So some sun and light rain here and there would be good. Heavy rain all week, not so much.
8. Anything else : Running shuttles with mitigation, so please bring your own face covering or organise your own shuttle.
Please make sure you've read the club's (and British Canoeing) guidance regarding kayaking and Covid-19. Please read notes re river trips here: https://lakelandcanoeclub.wordpress.com/trips/
Note: this is a peer trip. I am happy to co-ordinate and organise the trip, but we are all responsible for each other on the water.
Please RSVP on the calendar by Friday evening. Check on WhatsApp Saturday morning first thing to ensure suitable river levels and the trip is running.