Events happening today
12 September 2020Be covid aware
10:00 - 14:00
We're going to meet at the put on for the Leven at 10:00. head to Newby Bridge, Cross the bridge towards the Swan Hotel. take the first left turn and there are many lay-bys to park on the right (call if you get lost).
session will be taking place at the bottom of Windermere, then heading down the first G2/3 of the Leven portaging (walking round) the G3 elements. look forward to seeing you all!
Welcome new members to LCC!!
We look forward to getting you all cruising down white water ( the finest of the paddling disciplines) with 4 beginner sessions to get you on your way.
Session 1 will cover outfitting your boat for best performance, paddling posture and most importantly of all, having a frickin great time!!
Sessions will be limited to 6 paddlers because of Covid restrictions but don't be disheartened if the R.S.V.P limit has been reached. Send us a message on 07927199545 and with enough interest we will be able to assign additional coaches to take another group or 2.
Equipment is available for hire if required. If you have any questions feel free to get in touch.
LCC Beginner / Easy River Trips 14 Comments
6 users have RSVPed, including
12 September 2020 04:00 PMEvent details
BE COVID AWARE
Organiser : Duncan Goulder 07730411538
1. Trip type : Park & Play / own skills practice (un-coached)
2. Level of ability : Improver or above
3. Date : 12/09/2020
4. Venue : The wier behind Kendal Rugby Club by the club container
5. Meet location / time : 17:00
6. Meet to share lifts at : No lift share due to Covid-19.
7. Weather :
8. Anything else : The inspiration for this is that I've just picked up a 2nd hand boat & intend to give it a spin before committing to taking it on a river trip. I invite fellow club members to join me for a play. Following club protocol please RSVP so that numbers can be limited and recorded. I'll be there from 17:00 regardless of whether anyone else comes or not. Once you've RSVP'd, feel free to turn up & join in, & if you send me a text I can let you know if there is any change to the plan.
I don't expect any coaching to be available on this session, so expect to work on your own skills.
Please make sure you've read the club's (and British Canoeing) guidance regarding kayaking and Covid-19. Please read notes re river trips here: https://lakelandcanoeclub.wordpress.com/trips/
Note: this is a peer trip. I'm happy to arrange and co-ordinate, but I will most likely not be the most experienced kayaker on the water.
Please RSVP on the calendar.
LCC Improvers River Trips 2 Comments
2 users have RSVPed, including